Programs & Activities
- We organize tenants. Please contact us to get help negotiating with your landlord or management company.
- We organize buildings. Many buildings have low-income housing, disabled housing and section 8 together. We help all tenants and we help them get recognized by BHA.
- We work with landlords who are having problems with tenants. We help them find the best solution for everyone.
- We sponsor group classes to educate people about the different types of Section 8 vouchers and to inform people of the rights and services to which they are entitled.
- Although we cannot issue vouchers, we can provide information about how to apply for vouchers.
- Contact us if you would like to schedule a class.
- We can also help you find classes in basic English and U.S. citizenship.
- We advocate before state and federal legislators about the needs of section 8 tenants.
- We teach people how to advocate for themselves.
- We teach tenants how to talk to their landlord without feeling intimidated.
- We show tenants how to communicate and organize with other people in their building to advocate for programs and services families need.